Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
FBC Sumter exists...
To see lives changed by the gospel.
- The Bible: We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are God's written revelation to man and are inspired, authoritative, and without error.
- God: We believe there is one God existing coeternally and coequally in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ: We believe in the full deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. According to the Scriptures, Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on a cross as the substitutionary atonement for man's sin, rose bodily form the dead, ascended to heaven and one day will physically return to earth in power and glory for believers in Christ.
- Holy Spirit: We believe in the deity and the personality of the Holy Spirit who offers regeneration to unbelievers, indwells and empowers believers, and enables believers to live godly lives.
- Salvation: We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God. Only by the grace of God, through faith in Jesus Christ alone can a person be restored to a right relationship with God and be assured of eternity in heaven with God.
- Authentic Worship: All of life is worship. W are always either worshipping creation or the Creator. We believe that worship should be in spirit and in truth, and all of it should be directed towards God. We desire gatherings that are God and gospel-centered, authentic, and prepare your heart for worship in every area of your life. (John 4:23-24, 1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Biblical Community: The Christian life is not meant to be lived in isolation, but in community as a church. We need people speaking truth into our lives, challenging us, and and encouraging us to love Jesus and the gospel. We desire to be a community that welcomes people from all backgrounds and ethnicities. We want to rejoice with one another, love one another, carry one another's burdens, pray for and support one another, and serve one another. (Galatians 6:2, Hebrews 3:12-13, Hebrews 10:19-25, 1 John 4:19)
- Equipping the Next Generation: We believe that God calls all Christians to make disciples who make disciples. We desire to be a church where discipleship happens throughout meaningful relationships and doing life together. We desire to see the next generation raised up and sent out as missionaries to every corner of the globe. (Matthew 28:18-20, 2 Timothy 2:1-2)
- Expository Preaching: We believe that the Bible is inerrant and the ultimate authority for all of life. As such, we believe in text-driven expository preaching. We want to exalt Jesus as the hero of each and every sermon, see plain truths revealed in Scripture, and apply those truths to our lives practically. (John 17:17, 1 Thessalonians 2:13, Hebrews 4:12, 1 Peter 1:23)
Missions: God is a missionary God. He is on a rescue mission to save people from every tribe, tongue, language, and nation through repentance and faith in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The church is Jesus' plan for making disciples of all nations. Our church desires to be a church on mission, carrying the gospel of Jesus Christ to all people, both near and far. (Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 10:14-15, Revelation 7:9-10)